As part of our efforts to give our user community better experience, we have redesigned the Molecular Interaction Overlay to support quicker, easier, and more responsive access to protein-protein and protein-small molecule interaction data within the Reactome Pathway Browser.
New features and improvements include:
- Diagram search feature includes the gene name and chemical name for interactors.
- Interactors display name is now the gene name for proteins and the chemical name for the chemicals.
- Tooltips are shown when hovering over the for interaction links.
- Interactions include links to entities present in the diagram.
- Loop-link is included when a protein/chemical interacts with itself.
- Display option to show/hide interactors based upon a selected weighted score.
- Crystal and chemical structures for the interactors are displayed at zoomed-in view.
- Diagram image export for the zoomed-in view includes the protein structures in the final image.
- Interactor file download is now available in both the Interactors toolbar and Settings panel.